The Sylva Garden Club is a non-profit, educational, and philanthropic organization in Sylva, North Carolina, open to all who have an interest in gardening. It was organized June 1959. Mildred Thutt was elected as the first president. A group of twenty women began with the beautification of the grounds around the Jackson County Health Department, located, at that time, on Ridgeway Street. In addition, they involved themselves in road-side clean-up and the planting of bulbs and dogwood trees...
1959 - 2015