Showing Collections: 301 - 330 of 435
This collection contains printed ephemera relating to the mountain counties of North Carolina (excluding Jackson).
Printed ephemera related to Jackson County, North Carolina divided by town or region.
The collection contains printed documents and ephemera pertaining to education in North Carolina.
The collection includes printed documents, ephemera and maps related to the forests in the western North Carolina and Southern Appalachian regions. Notable forest areas include the Pisgah National Forest and Nantahala National Forest.
The collection includes printed documents and ephemera relating to genealogy of western North Carolina families and Irish ancestry. Materials include genealogies, histories, reports, gravestone inscriptions, books, bulletins and yearbooks of the Carolina Genealogical Society, a Higdon family newsletter, brochures and manuscripts.
The collection contains printed documents and ephemera related to general topics. Notable materials include books belonging to Robert L. Madison, a Brunk Auctions catalog featuring photographs taken by George Masa, a National Geographic article discussing Dr. Peter Witt's research on spiders in western North Carolina, and documents related to World War II and the American Revolution.
The collection includes printed documents related to Georgia.
The collection includes printed documents and ephemera related to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Notable items include maps, sheet music, books, brochures, and articles about Horace Kepart, George Masa and Dolly Parton, trails and hiking.
The collection includes maps of the western North Carolina and Great Smoky Mountains region. Other documents include articles, posters, photographs and newspapers.
The collection contains printed documents, ephemera and maps related to Mount Mitchell and Mount Mitchell State Park in Yancey County, North Carolina.
The collection contains sheet music, books, booklets and documents about music in the Great Smoky Mountains region.
This collection contains printed documents and ephemera about the state of North Carolina sorted by region.
This collection contains various publications and printed documents produced by Western Carolina University students, faculty, and staff. It includes newsletters, magazines and commencement programs.
A three page handwritten document, apparently in the handwriting of Robert L. Madison, titled “A Message to the Students”
Materials concerning Ruth West during her years as a student at Western Carolina Teachers College, including Catamount yearbooks for 1949, 1950, 1951, with personal inscriptions from classmates; and, twelve (12) photographs featuring students on campus and also the 1949 Catamount baseball team.
A 13 page typewritten paper by J.R. Buchanan presented to the Town and College Club on November 24, 1958, and titled “Random Sketches from the Past One Hundred years in the History of North Carolina and Jackson County.”
Ten (10) Civil War-era letters, written between January – July, 1862, to Roland C. Osborne (1837 – 1862). Nine of the letters are addressed to “My Dear Husband” / “My Dear” from his wife, Kezia Stradley Osborne (1838 – 1908), and one is addressed to “Dear Son.” The letters are addressed from locales in Haywood County and Buncombe County, North Carolina.
- Correspondence 95
- Photographs 87
- Clippings (information artifacts) 78
- Manuscripts (documents) 43
- Publications (documents) 40
- Newsletters 32
- Reports 29
- Scrapbooks 29
- Genealogies (histories) 28
- Brochures 27
- Legal instruments 27
- Minutes (administrative records) 25
- Books 21
- Financial records 21
- Programs (documents) 21
- Articles 20
- Receipts (financial records) 19
- Booklets 18
- Ledgers (account books) 18
- Postcards 17 ∧ less
- English 368
- No linguistic content; Not applicable 4
- Cherokee 3
- Multiple languages 3
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Creek 1 ∧ less
- North Carolina Art Education Association 13
- Western Carolina Teachers College 6
- Love, Robert, 1760-1845 5
- Paulk, William 5
- Battle, John Bascombe, 1897-2000 3
- Bird, William Ernest 3
- Cullowhee High School (Cullowhee, N.C.) 3
- Cullowhee State Normal School (Cullowhee, N.C.) 3
- Rotary Club of Sylva (Sylva, N.C.) 3
- Thomas, William Holland, 1805-1893 3
- Bartram Trail Society 2
- Cathey, Joseph, 1803-1874 2
- Champion Paper and Fibre Company 2
- Confederate States of America. Army. North Carolina Infantry Regiment, 25th 2
- Cox, Thomas A. (Thomas Augustus), 1863- 2
- Cullowhee Normal and Industrial School (Cullowhee, N.C.) 2
- Davies, Daniel David, 1826-1920 2
- Guyot, A. (Arnold), 1807-1884 2
- Hunter, H. T. (Hiram Tyram), 1883-1947 2
- John C. Campbell Folk School 2 ∧ less