Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 25
Records of the Bemis Hardwood Lumber Company and the Graham County Railroad Company, dated primarily during the 1920s-1970s, and including correspondence, annual reports and statements, deeds, financial statements, sales, stockholders meetings, tax information, general railroad information and the American Short Line Railroad Association, and publications about the timber industry.
This collection concerns the De Soto Trail Commission, a group which sought to establish Hernando De Soto's route through the southeastern United States after his landing in what would become Florida, in 1539. This collection contains records, reports, correspondence, and meeting minutes of the Trail Commission, with the vast majority of the materials dating from 1988-1992.
Tribal Council sessions and agendas, Annual Council sessions, Joint Councils sessions, Annual Council Reports, reports and studies, and Resolutions of the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians for the period 1973 - 1995.
This collection contains materials of the Higdon Family Association, including scrapbooks, newsletters, membership lists, and related material. The Higdon Family Association is an organization dedicated to studying Higdon family genealogy, along with related family genealogy. The group was founded in 1975 in Franklin, N.C.
More information can be found at their website, www.higdonfamily.org.
The Macon Program for Progress, Inc. provides assistance and direction to a number of community related programs. Materials in this collection cover such diverse topics as weatherization, housing, family aid, education, economic development, affirmative action, and daycare. Also in the collection are minutes, booklets, federal regulation, news articles, and general information on Macon County.
The Museum of the Southern Highlands was organized for the purpose of preserving and exhibiting artifacts and articles native to Southern Appalachia and to render cultural and educational services. The collection consists mainly of meeting minutes and by-laws (see December 12, 1964). William E. Bird, affiliated with Western Carolina Teachers College, was a member of the board of directors.
This addition to the North Carolina Art Education Association collection contains correspondence, minutes of meetings, and reports of the association.
This addition to the North Carolina Art Education Association collection contains financial records, correspondence relating to finances, requests for payment, bank statements, checks and monthly financial reports. For additional information, see the entry descriptions under MSS 80-50, MSS 81-07 and MSS 81-10.
This addition to the North Carolina Art Education Association collection contains memorandums, minutes, newsletters, and handbooks. See MSS 81-007, MSS 81-10, and MSS 85-02 for descriptions and additional material.
The collection consists of Rotary publications and The Rotor, the official publication of the Sylva Rotary Club (Sylva, NC). Publications contain Rotary news, information concerning meetings, minutes of meetings, and similar details.
- Subject: Minutes (administrative records) X
- Clippings (information artifacts) 12
- Correspondence 11
- Reports 8
- Photographs 7
- Newsletters 6
- Financial records 5
- Publications (documents) 5
- Scrapbooks 5
- Brochures 4
- Bylaws (administrative records) 4
- Programs (documents) 4
- Annual reports 3
- Blueprints (reprographic copies) 3
- North Carolina Art Education Association -- Records and correspondence 3
- Documents 2
- Memorabilia 2
- North Carolina, Western -- Genealogy 2
- Agendas (administrative records) 1
- Appalachian Consortium -- Records and correspondence 1 ∧ less
- English 22
- North Carolina Art Education Association 5
- Bartram Trail Society 1
- Bemis Hardwood Lumber Company 1
- Bird, William Ernest 1
- Cain, Doreyl Ammons 1
- Cherokee Historical Association 1
- Cullowhee Normal and Industrial School (Cullowhee, N.C.) 1
- De Soto Trail Commission 1
- Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians. Tribal Council 1
- First United Methodist Church (Sylva, N.C.) 1
- Garza, Amy 1
- Higdon Family Association 1
- Kitchen Lumber Company 1
- Macon Program for Progress 1
- Nantahala Power and Light Company 1
- North Carolina Nurses Association 1
- North Carolina. Utilities Commission 1
- Reynolds, Alonzo Carlton, 1870-1953 1
- Rotary Club of Sylva (Sylva, N.C.) 1
- Soto, Hernando de, approximately 1500-1542 1 ∧ less