Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 43
The collection contains a manuscript by Hilda Way Gwyn on the election of Andrew Jackson as President and his inaugural ceremony. The manuscript also includes biographical information on Robert Love, including within the manuscript text a letter from Colonel Love to William Welch in which he tells of his trip to Raleigh, NC, and the nomination of Andrew Jackson for President of the United States.
The collection consists of a photocopy of a typed manuscript by Charles Stanford and Benjamin F. Williams entitled "The Visual Arts at Black Mountain College, 1933-1956".
A copy of a 1986 typewritten manuscript by Carl Reiche entitled "Whither, The Beloved Mountains:; 26 Years of Hiking in, Fighting for, the Westernmost N.C. Mountains."
Bound manuscript copy of the play "The Great Smokies," written by Delmar Baxter.
Papers of Dr. H.T. Hunter (1883 - 1947), educator and president of Western Carolina Teachers College (formerly Cullowhee Normal & Industrial School and Cullowhee State Normal School, now Western Carolina University; 1923 - 1947).
The collection contains as manuscript account of the history of Clay County, North Carolina. The manuscript is essentially in an outline form, with several sections more detailed than others.
Included are biographies of influential men and families of the area, the development of industry and transportation, farming methods, slavery, recreation and wildlife, stock raising, and diet of the people.
Manuscript and drafts of Dr. Maurice B. Morrill’s history of Western Carolina University. Dr. Morrill served as the Dean of Western Carolina University’s Graduate School and also served extensively on university committees. Several of the manuscript drafts are dated between 1979 – 1981. Also included are research materials for the university history and materials from Ms. Eddie Marie Wike Sutton Duckett.
- Subject: Manuscripts (documents) X
- Clippings (information artifacts) 16
- Photographs 12
- Correspondence 11
- Books 8
- Publications (documents) 8
- Genealogies (histories) 7
- Brochures 4
- Programs (documents) 4
- Proofs (Printing) 4
- Articles 3
- Booklets 3
- Business records 3
- Certificates 3
- Ephemera 3
- Newsletters 3
- Poetry 3
- Reports 3
- Short stories 3
- Western Carolina Teachers College -- Presidents -- Correspondence 3 ∧ less
- English 35
- Cherokee 1
- Multiple languages 1
- Cullowhee High School (Cullowhee, N.C.) 3
- Paulk, William 3
- Hunter, H. T. (Hiram Tyram), 1883-1947 2
- Kilpatrick, Anna Gritts 2
- Kilpatrick, Jack Frederick 2
- Arthur, John Preston 1
- Bird, William Ernest 1
- Black Mountain College (Black Mountain, N.C.) 1
- Brown, Grace Hall 1
- Freel, Margaret Walker, 1895-1982 1
- Hayes, Hubert, 1901-1964 1
- Hayes, Leona T. 1
- Hooper, Ruth Williams, 1902-1984 1
- Hooper, W. Carr (Weston Carr), 1903-1981 1
- Jackson, Andrew, 1767-1845 1
- Jones, Loyal, 1928- 1
- Kephart, Horace, 1862-1931 1
- Kilpatrick, Alan 1
- Leftwich, Janie A., 1920-2002 1
- Leftwich, Rodney L. 1 ∧ less