Showing Collections: 31 - 35 of 35
Identifier: MSS 86-04
Scope and Contents The Twentieth Century Club, of Sylva, NC--a member of the Federated Women's Clubs of America--was organized in April 1925. The object of the club was to promote interest in education, philanthropy, public welfare, moral values, civics, and fine arts. Early club projects included:1. Establishing a town library,2. Furnishing lunches for needy children,3. Establishing a continuing scholarship for a Western Carolina University Art Department student...
Dates: 1962 - 1995
Identifier: SM 95-04
Scope and Contents Receipt from Henry G. Robertson to J.E. McLain on Robertson's Webster, N.C., letterhead for respective amounts of $9.11, $12.72, and $48.92. Dated February 14, 1898. Envelope addressed to J.E. McLain (Asheville, N.C.) with return address to Coleman C. Cowan (Webster, N.C.). Postmarked at Webster, N.C., August 3, 1904. Envelope addressed to J.E. McLain (Asheville, N.C.) with return address to Walter E. Moore (Webster, N.C.). Postmarked at...
Dates: 1898 - 1909
Identifier: SM 10-18
Scope and Contents The collection consists of two receipts from Western Carolina Teachers College for payment on fees, one dated December 3, 1945, and the other December 6, 1945, and also a receipt for “Lunches – four days per week, Mon. – Thurs.,” dated both December 3, 1945, and January 10, 1946.
Dates: 1945 - 1946
Identifier: MSS 94-1
Content Description For additional information, see the Western North Carolina Associated Communities collection main entry under MSS 80-12. Contents Folder 1 - Bank statements, dues paid, treasurer's report: October 1988 - September 1989.Folder 2 - Bank statements, dues paid, treasurer's report: October 1989 - September 1990.Folder 3 - Bank statements, dues paid, treasurer's report: October 1990 - September 1991.Folder 4 - Bank...
Identifier: MSS 80-03
Scope and Contents William Holland Thomas (1805-1893) was a prominent businessman, “Indian agent” (later known as superintendent), soldier, and politician from western North Carolina. Born near Waynesville, NC, Thomas was related to President Zachary Taylor on his father's side of the family. Thomas became interested in business and law at an early age.Thomas began his long association with the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians when Chief Yonaguska "adopted" the young Thomasung white boy as a son. ...
Dates: 1796 - 1956
- Subject: Financial records X
- Love, Robert, 1760-1845 2
- Bartram Trail Society 1
- Bemis Hardwood Lumber Company 1
- Case, Thomas 1
- Cox, Thomas A. (Thomas Augustus), 1863- 1
- Cullowhee High School (Cullowhee, N.C.) 1
- Fain, Allen Alfred, 1866-1933 1
- Fain, George Mercer, 1820-1893 1
- Fain, John Edward, 1851-1920 1
- First United Methodist Church (Sylva, N.C.) 1
- North Carolina Art Education Association 1
- Parris, John, 1914-1999 1
- Royle & Pilkington Co., Inc. 1
- Slagle, C. W. 1
- Stalcup, Jesse Bryson, 1860-1931 1
- Stringfield, Samuel L., 1881-1947 1
- Stringfield, William W., II, 1920-1966 1
- Western Carolina Teachers College 1
- Wilson, Margaret Ann, 1838-1908 1
- Wilson, William M. (William Matthew), 1831-1910 1 ∧ less