Andy J. Wood Collection
The collection contains a handwritten copy of an apparent deathbed autobiography. The writer, Andy J. Wood, was a Jackson County pioneer who lived for 90 years, and apparently wrote down some of the major events of his life while he lay dying in 1906. Wood recalls his marriage, "setting up housekeeping," and raising a family in Jackson County.
Also included is a transcript of the manuscript and a letter from the donor to Dr. Williams regarding the circumstances of his finding the manuscript.
Language of Materials
- Autobiographies Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Families -- North Carolina -- Jackson County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jackson County (N.C.) -- Social life and customs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Wood, Andrew J. (Andrew Jackson), 1816-1908
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Hunter Library - Special Collections Repository
Cullowhee United States