Skip to main content

Jo Ann Smith Collection

 Item
Identifier: SM 84-01

Content Description

Photocopy of an 1883 land deed (attested copy 1887) in Jackson County on Mull Branch on which the Liberty School was built; Lewis J. Smith and Clara Smith donated land for educational purposes. This school was dismantled and moved to a site across from the Baptist Church in Cullowhee, where it was attached to the first building for WCU.

Dates

  • 1887-02-16

Condition Description

Good.

Conditions Governing Use

No publication fee is made for use of Western Carolina University Library special collections material in scholarly publications. The Library retains sole right to judge what constitutes a non-scholarly or commercial publication. Permission to publish commercially, in circumstances where the Library is qualified to grant it, requires proper authorization. Please contact Special Collections at specialcollections@wcu.edu for more information.

Extent

1 Files (One folder.)