Associated Artists of North Carolina Collection
Associated Artists of North Carolina, Inc. (AANC) was organized formally on January 10, 1960, in Greensboro, NC. The January meeting had been preceded by an organizational meeting held on December 13, 1959, in the Merin Gallery, Greensboro, during which the proposed by-laws and statements of aims and objectives were drawn up.
The purpose of the AANC was to bring together persons interested in the advancement of the fine arts in North Carolina. The Association was to conduct, promote, and foster exhibitions, education, information, and publicity concerning the fine arts. The Association also worked with other institutions, museums, and galleries, until it ceased to function in the early 1970s.
The major part of the collection consists of correspondence. Other materials include articles of incorporation and by-laws; officers; minutes of meetings; citations; membership lists; exhibition records; news releases; newsletters; newspaper clippings; brochures; and catalogues.
- 1959 - 1973
Conditions Governing Use
No publication fee is made for use of Western Carolina University Library special collections material in scholarly publications. The Library retains sole right to judge what constitutes a non-scholarly or commercial publication. Permission to publish commercially, in circumstances where the Library is qualified to grant it, requires proper authorization. Please contact Special Collections at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
4 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
- Art -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- North Carolina Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Exhibition records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minutes (administrative records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Hunter Library - Special Collections Repository
Cullowhee United States