Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Identifier: MSS 03-03
Content Description Correspondence, research materials, maps, and publications concerning the Southern Appalachian region. Principal topics include: (1) Charles Lanman, including correspondence and research materials concerning Lanman; Lynn Harris Heft, “Charles Lanman: Cultural Networking in the Nineteenth Century” (dissertation, Drew University, 1996); photographs and slides of Lanman’s paintings; and “Index for the Research Inquiries of David M. Sherman into the Life of Charles Lanman;” (2) Arnold Guyot,...
Identifier: MSS 04-03
Content Description The majority of the collection consists of articles concerning the people of the Southern Appalachian area or travels in the region.
Identifier: MSS 04-08
Scope and Contents The Appalachian Trail Conference. Guide to the Southern Appalachians: The Appalachian Trail from Virginia-Tennessee Line to Mt. Oglethorpe, GA. Publication No. 8. [First edition stamped on spine]. Washington, D.C.: 1937.Arnold Guyot. The Earth and Man; Lectures on Comparative Physical Geography, in its Relation to the History of Mankind. Boston: Gould and Lincoln, 1873.Gerald Broughton, Lowrey, Jr. “Benton MacKaye’s Appalachian Trail as a Cultural Symbol.” ...
- Names: Sherman, David M., 1943- X
- Appalachian Trail -- History -- Sources 2
- Benton MacKaye Trail (Ga. and Tenn.) -- History -- Sources 2
- Guyot, A. (Arnold), 1807-1884 2
- Periodicals 2
- Appalachian Region, Southern -- History 1
- Appalachian Region, Southern -- Social life and customs 1
- Brochures 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- Correspondence 1
- Lanman, Charles, 1819-1895 1
- Lanman, Charles, 1819-1895 -- Correspondence 1
- Newsletters 1
- North Carolina, Western -- Maps 1
- Sherman, David M., 1943- -- Correspondence 1
- Tennessee, East -- Maps 1 ∧ less